Realize your dream to teach yoga and expand your knowledge and practice. If you are curious to learn more about the practical and philosophical application of yoga, this teacher training is for you!
Immersive and inspiring, the 225 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program combines lectures, multi-sensory learning and hands-on experience. This program is unique in Ottawa, as it boasts the most contact hours and in-class learning. Iron North Studio is known for small class size and quality teaching.
This is a magical and well rounded program for aspiring instructors.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PROGRAM
- 225 amazing hours of in-person learning with Cat Doyle and supporting trainers
- 11 Thursday evening + 11 intensive weekends session together
- A robust YTT manual (yours to keep!)
- A 10 class card to Iron North Studio
- A certificate of completion and graduation from our Registered Yoga School 200 Hour Program with Yoga Alliance, once you've met the requirements
Thursdays: 7pm - 10pm
Saturdays & Sundays: 10:30am - 5:30pm
Thurs. Sept 27 + Sat. Sept 29 + Sun Sept 30
Thurs. Oct. 11 + Sat. Oct 13 + Sun. Oct 14
Thurs. Oct 25 + Sat. Oct 27 + Sun Oct 28
Thurs. Nov 8 + Sat. Nov 10 + Sun Nov 11
Thurs. Nov 22 + Sat. Nov 24 + Sun. Nov 25
Thurs. Dec 6 + Sat. Dec 8 + Sun Dec 9
Thurs. Jan 3 + Sat. Jan 5 + Sun Jan 6
Thurs. Jan 17 + Sat. Jan 19 + Sun. Jan 20
Thurs. Jan 31 + Sat. Feb 2 + Sun Feb 3
Thurs. Feb 14 + Sat. Feb 16 + Feb 17
Thurs. Feb 28 + Sat Mar. 2 + Sun Mar. 3
$2800 before March 31
$3000 April 1 - May 31
$3200 after June 1
$500 non-refundable deposit | Flexible payment plan available | + HST
- An extensive exploration of human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.)
- Energetic anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.).
- Anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.).
- Functional anatomy and how we move synergistically
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (such as the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika or Bhagavad Gita).
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma.
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community.
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others (seva).
- Learn how to communicate as a teacher. Establish skills such as group dynamics, time management, priorities and boundaries.
- Explore how to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations (pre/post natal, mobility disadvantages, older population, etc.)
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and enhancing.
- Exploring traditional and modern teaching styles.
- The student learning process & connecting with individuals.
- Receiving and giving feedback & observing others teaching.
- The art of assisting & enhanments.
Techniques, Training and Practice
- Introduction and exploration of asana, pranayam, kriya, mantra, meditation and traditional yoga techniques.
- Analytical training; how to teach technique and skill development.
- Guided practice of Yoga techniques with hands on correction, adjustment and practice, practice, practice!
Business Aspects of Teaching Yoga
- Owning a yoga studio or small yoga business.
- Creating a schedule and finding balance.
- Pricing (workshops, classes, privates, etc).
- Insurance & legal considerations.
- Marketing (social media, website, etc).
- Opportunities in the future and beyond 2018/19.